FULL STREETWORKS COURSES AVIALABLE – BOTH OPERATOR AND SUPERVISOR
Our Street Works courses enable the trainee to become proficient in relevant industry specific requirements. Employers can be assured that their delegates fully understand the course content and are able to become productive as soon as the course requirements have been met.
Unit Combinations - operatives Course
- Excavation in the highway. Units 1, 2 and 3.
- Excavation, backfilling and reinstatement of construction layers with a cold-lay bituminous surface. Units 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.
- Reinstatement of construction layers in hot-lay and cold-lay bituminous materials. Units 1, 2, 6 and 7.
- Reinstatement of concrete slabs. Units 1, 2 and 8.
- Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways. Units 1, 2 and 9.
- Signing, lighting and guarding. Unit 2 only.
By the end of the course candidates will be able to;
- Understand the requirement of the specification for reinstatement of openings in roads
- Understand the requirements of the HSE Guidance Document in relation to location and avoidance of underground apparatus
- Understand the requirements of the safety at Street works and Road Works Code of Practice in relation to traffic management requirements on Road Works
Classroom based training with practical demonstration. Candidates will also put into practice what they have learned by carrying out a survey with the location equipment and producing a sketch.
Candidates should bring suitable Personal Protective Equipment such as Safety Boots, Helmet, Gloves, Hi-Vis Coat or Vest.
All Candidates must bring one passport photo with them on Day 1 of the course.
For training held at customers premises please ensure that a suitable room with tables and chairs is available. Also an outside area is required for candidates to locate live services.